Summary of Qualifications
More than 20 years of experience in public communications, education, and strategic consulting roles for a variety of non-profit, membership, cultural and governmental bodies.
Experienced serving on national, statewide and local boards and citizens’ groups; adept at working with stakeholders of many varieties including trustees, volunteers, youth, school system administrators, politicians and other community partners.
Strong management, team building and community relations skills, coupled with a “can do” attitude and an appreciation for people of all abilities, ages and ethnicities.
Educator, program developer and evaluator, experienced in planning trainings and conferences for local, statewide and national groups.
Strong computer and social media skills and experience.
Understand Haitian Creole; some conversational ability.
January 2009 - present
Provide program and educational consulting services for cultural organizations serving
general and targeted communities. Currently working with the Assist with advocacy, communications and marketing for this 25-year-old association representing the luxury condo community of Brickell in the heart of metropolitan Miami. Projects include 2015 Candidates Forum, a public school expansion initiative and special events for community building.
August 2006 - December 2008
Founding Executive Director of a new, nationally affiliated non-profit youth development organization which provides afterschool programs for at-risk youth in soccer, literacy and service-learning. Responsible for all phases of start-up of the program, including fundraising, program planning, managing, hiring staff and overseeing all the activities of Miami SCORES and its employees.
Program engaged 120 elementary age children and eight teacher-coaches across four
low-income public schools annually.
- Wrote all grants, policies and procedures for the new operation.
- Recruited, trained and developed board of volunteers and volunteer supporters.
Skills/Areas of Expertise
Building and Sustaining Partnerships
Funding Source Identification
Consultation & Review
Evaluation Plan Development
Major Gift Solicitation
Leadership & Administration
Internal and external
Informal Education (K-12)
Work experience cont.
2010 - present
2010 - present
Miami Children's Museum
January 2005 - January 2006
Director of Education & Exhibits
- Served on senior management team; directly supervised four management level staff and indirectly the exhibit staff of four, 10 to 15 exhibition interpreters, more than 100 volunteers and several seasonal staff members.
- Directed public and private education program grants, overseeing development, implementation and evaluation.
- Developed the annual education and exhibits budget and tracked performance.
- Partnered with community organizations and schools on a variety of initiatives.
- Oversaw special events and outreach to reach South Florida’s diverse constituencies.
Proficient on both Macintosh and Windows-based platforms with several years of experience in desktop publishing and computer graphics; served as IT systems administrator for two former employers.
Experienced using social media and electronic communications for engagement of groups.
1988 - 1990
Bachelor of Science in Biology